Newlywed Coleen reveals why she loves being Mrs Rooney

Newlywed Coleen Rooney has vowed to use her new surname in all aspects of her life as a gesture of commitment to husband Wayne.

In her first set of interviews since becoming Mrs Rooney, the 22-year-old revealed that her new book - Coleen's Real Style - will be her last ever project under her maiden name Coleen McLoughlin.

And she has been practising her new, shorter signature to get it just right.
Coleen Mcloughlin

Committed: Coleen says she will be Mrs Rooney in every aspect of her life

She told the Sunday Mirror: 'I'm changing my name completely. At first I thought about keeping my own name, then I thought about using both names and then I said to Wayne, "What do you want me to do?"

'And he said, "I want you to change it". I thought, "You know what, when I have children I'd like us to have the same name."

'It also means a lot to Wayne. If you ask him what he finds special about being married, he'll say it's the fact that I took his name and we've now got the same surnames.'

It is just 11 weeks since Coleen married her childhood sweetheart in a lavish £3million, four-day affair on the Italian Riviera, followed by an extended honeymoon in Las Vegas.

Coleen Mcloughlin

Wedded bliss: Coleen and Wayne enjoyed an extended honeymoon in Las Vegas

At the highly anticipated event, she wore three gowns by design house Marchesa, and guests dined on lobster and pink champagne.

Her left hand now sparkles with a giant diamond ring designed by New York jeweller Jacob and Co.

'Whenever I look at my ring it reminds me of my wedding and brings back memories of when Wayne and I said our vows,' she told the News of the World's Fabulous magazine.

And, although Wayne, also 22, has never been a fan of jewellery, Coleen revealed that he wears his own wedding ring all the time because 'he says it's meant to be'.
Coleen Mcloughlin

Lavish affair: The couple's wedding on the Italian Riviera lasted four days

The loved-up pair met in the backstreets of Liverpool when they were just 14.

He didn't make the best first impression - breaking her brother's tennis racket.

But things started looking up when handy Wayne fixed Coleen's bicycle chain and the youngsters went on a date to the cinema.

As his football career began to soar, schoolgirl Coleen was famously catapulted into the media spotlight when she was snapped wearing a Puffa jacket and long socks.

But her own career, and style, has since rocketed, and savvy Coleen has amassed a fortune through her work as the face of George at Asda, through her perfume, Coleen X, her autobiography and presenting the TV series Coleen's Real Women.
Coleen Mcloughlin

Playful: Wayne teases Coleen about her bum looking big in tracksuits

She has been so successful that up to a third of the couple's £30million is thought to be down to her.

Her love of fashion has spawned her latest project, Coleen's Real Style, which offers tips on choosing clothes and how women should dress correctly for shape and size.

She readily admits that she is a 'classic British pear', with 'hips, legs and quite a round bum' that have not escaped some playful teasing from her husband.

'Wayne is really cheeky and says my bum looks big when I wear my Juicy tracksuits and I just laugh when he says it but I do get up and have a little look in the mirror,' she said.

But, despite admitting 'I don't know what the perfect wife is', she is firmly enjoying married life and being part of a team.

'Being husband and wife gives that extra commitment and makes you feel more stable. It's very special.'